Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I find out what species of parrot my wife bought?

My wife bought 2 green parrots. I would like to know what species they are. They are green with a small red bunch of feathers just above the nose, or beak. The seller told us that the male has a slightly larger red mark than the female. I looked around on the net for similar picks of parrots but so far haven't found any. They cuddle alot. How can I find out what kind they are? I'll take a pic of them later and post it somewhere with the link. I have looked at wikipedia but they're information is flakey on the subject.How can I find out what species of parrot my wife bought?
Need more info. How big are they? Do they have a tiny tiny bit of yellow by the eyes? could be red lored? will post more after pics.





could it be a red crowned parrot?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-crowned鈥?/a>





red-lored amazon


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-lored_P鈥?/a>How can I find out what species of parrot my wife bought?
Very pretty! Half moon conures, I'd say.
Is it a cherry head or mitred Conure?





Put those words in Google and search my images and see what comes up.
You need ask the people, she got them from. (But it sounds like possible conures.)
Try the Lexicon of Parrots (online). What is their size (in inches) and weight (in grams). Is the green color solid? What do the beaks look like (shape)?
why don't you ask the people she bought them from?
You should REALLY know what kind of bird you're getting before you get it - otherwise you risk being totally unprepared to feed it and care for it properly, as well as provide it proper mental stimulation and care based on their species-specific needs.





You've gotten some good suggestions so far, and I believe maybe it is the conure because conures are less expensive, and most people wouldn't purchase an expensive parrot without at least knowing its species.
Those are definately half moon conures. You cant tell male from female unless they have been sexed. You might find them under orange fronted conures. They are similar to the Peach Fronted Conure. Very cute birds! Hope this helps!
  • mortgage lenders
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment