Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I start the visa process for my chinese wife to go to America ?

I am an American citizen, who lives and works in China. I got married a little less than one year ago to a chinese citizen. I now want to start the process to get my wife a visa to America. I do not know how to start the visa process. I want us to live and work in the USA. My wife is a college educated woman, with a very good english level. So any help with what type of visa I should apply for, and how to start the process would be great. Thank you.How do I start the visa process for my chinese wife to go to America ?
As you are living and working in China, you are more than likely eligible to file the I-130 and associated forms through the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) in Guangzhou. It is generally much faster to file a petition direct to the office in the relevant countries.





From their website....





Guangzhou Immigrant Visa Unit





I'm an American citizen who married to a Chinese national. I'm officially residing in China. Can I file a petition for my wife in China?





Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) in Guangzhou if you are residing in our consular district (in provinces of Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian and Hainan) to find out if you can file an immigrant visa petition in China for your wife.





http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/鈥?/a>





Also see http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/fo鈥?/a> for further information on filing direct with the CIS offices abroad.How do I start the visa process for my chinese wife to go to America ?
Consult first with a person you know who has done it already. There must be such people in your sphere.





Then, visit the US Embassy in China website and then the embassy itself and gather all the necessary papers and talk with someone there about usual pitfalls etc......be sure you have everything required.





If the paperwork is too complicated for you seek legal advice from a professional.





That's how I'd start, but I'm just guessing.
Go to immigration and fill out the paper work.
man stay in china ,you will be safer cause there are no terrorist cause they are scared of Chinese government.
You need to start by going to the USCIS website the link is www.uscis.gov, there you can go the form I-130 which is the petition for a family member. You can download the form with Acrobat Reader (if you dont have is free to get). It will tell you what documents you and your wife need. I think the cost of sending the form is $190 dollars. The I-130 form is pretty self explanatory, but if you need any help and do not want to pay a lawyer there are charities that will guide you for free. Even if there is not one in your state, you can call one in another state and they will help you. Good luck.
You can help your wife to apply for green card.





You can go to the http://www.uscis.gov to get all the information you needed.





Here is the direct url the to Green card section:


http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m鈥?/a>





Basically, you need to prove you have enough finanical ability to support your wife's stay in USA, and you need to prove tons of documents. Since you are a citizen, your wife don't have to wait for a VISA number. That means the process suppose to be fast. (Really, there is nothing fast in immigration.)





If the time your wife got her green card and she haven't married for 2 years yet. She will get a temporary green card until she has married you for 2 year, but in your case, it could be 2 years already by the time she got it.
File the I-130 with the USCIS. Address and instructions are on the www.uscis.gov website. you can request to do processing at the consulate in China. once the I-130 is approved, the file will be sent to the National Visa Center, where you will submit the fees and documents. They forward the information to the consulate where your wife will be scheduled for an immigrant visa interview. You will need to show that you are domiciled in the U.S. or have a U.S. address. Hopefully you have friend or relative U.S. address to use. Once the immigrant visa is issued, she has 6 months in which to enter the U.S. Once she's in U.S., her green card will be mailed.
I will go with Valemm!That is your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment