Friday, August 20, 2010

My wife and I do volunteer work at a charitable organization. We would like to use our time for tax credit. Ho

My wife is the assistant to the Director at the center. I am a seasonal gardener for the community garden. We both provide services free of charge. The rate set by the non-profit organization is $14.50 per hour. How do we claim this using our Turbo Tax instrument?My wife and I do volunteer work at a charitable organization. We would like to use our time for tax credit. Ho
You cannot claim for the work you contribute to a charitable organization. You can claim mileage at $.14 per mile for traveling to an from the site. You can claim the fair market value of any materials or supplies you contribute. That's it. Sorry.My wife and I do volunteer work at a charitable organization. We would like to use our time for tax credit. Ho
I do not think that is legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment