Friday, August 20, 2010

How similar are you to your husband or wife?

I'm wondering if a person is better off being married to someone who's almost exactly like them or if opposites attract holds true.





I'm pretty reserved while my wife's extremely outspoken. I take a cautious approach and weigh out the pros and cons, my wife makes snap decisions.





Seems to me that if 2 people think and act alike that there would be far less arguments and drama which is great. But that maybe it can get a little stale.





Are you the opposite or similar to your husband or wife? How would you rate your marriage?How similar are you to your husband or wife?
My husband and I are complete opposites. I don't mean there are a few things we are dissimilar in. I mean virtually EVERY single aspect of our personalities are opposite.





He's subdued and pessimistic, I'm outgoing and optimistic.





He is Republican, I'm Democratic.





He likes fried/heavy/salty foods, I enjoy fresh vegetables and grilled foods, no salt.





He loves sci-fi and futuristic adventure movies, I prefer dramas and comedies.





He watches TV constantly, I can barely tolerate TV.





He loves classic rock and metal only, I prefer country and pop. (Although I listen to classic rock, rap, etc.)





He's a morning person, I'm an evening person.





He loves the outdoors, yard-work, sunshine, etc., I prefer to be indoors doing indoors things!





His idea of a vacation is relaxing in the great outdoors, doing nothing for days. I would rather do something exciting...NYC nightlife, roller coasters, speed boating...anything that requires huge amounts of energy.





Almost literally I cannot think of a single thing that we share the same preferences in.





However, even with all of the above being true, we get along. We do have arguments now and then, but we don't argue about the above stuff. We mostly argue because he needs little attention/interaction and I need a lot. (Which I suppose could be due to us being opposite in that aspect.)





All of the rest of the stuff we completely compromise on. Chemically and sexually we are a match. There is definitely a fire when we're together. We share the same work ethic and goals, and of course we have our two children.





I CANNOT imagine being married to someone else. Without him my teeter doesn't totter.How similar are you to your husband or wife?
I'm not married but I have been with my bf for 4 years and we live together. We are the complete opposite. I am extremely outgoing, he is very reserved. I make spur of the moment decisions, he thinks about everything and weighs the pros and the cons. We are literally oil and vinegar. But thank God for that. He levels me out, and makes me realize things I would never realize. He is amazing. I don't think I would do well with someone just like me, actually it would drive me nuts. In this case I find Opposites attract and make a better couple.
Strange as this may sound, they've found that people who have stayed in long term relationships tend to have very dissimilar gene sets for immune function. In some species, like wolves for example, the father, head of the pack, won't mate with his daughters when they reach maturity. They think this I because he can literally smell that his immune system is too similar to theirs.





So, mother nature says opposites attract. And in the end, going against her rarely works out.
My husband and I ,are total opposites..like day and night.he is more quiet and reserved and Iam very outspoken.But my husband makes snap decisions where i check things out more.Now this thursday we will be married 33 years,for me thats awesome.And you say arguments...woo hoo!! have we had our share and still do......because we see things differently.That my friend is what makes our life very interesting.The trick is you have to allow each other to be who they are!Int that why you fell in love?...you loved each others ways.So ..I would rate my marriage as a nine and a half..hee hee. so you guys better get a sense of humor...your going to need it!!
there is no right or wrong answer to this i have seen opposites attract then i have seen opposites go so wrong .. i have seen alike work out good and alike work ,out bad it just depends like me and my ex hubby we were so opposites and we are divorced you have to be opposites with some common somewhere in there..
My husband and I are similar in the way we approach our marriage, but that doesn't mean we have similar thoughts and beliefs.





We just both know that our spouse is our other half so we consult each other, listen to each other and work together to ensure both our needs are met.
We're similar in some things, different in others. This is how it should be. You should marry someone who has similar goals and lifestyle, but also someone who completes you in areas where you may be lacking.
Opposite, and some days it makes me want to scream. We have been together for a long time so I guess it's like good and evil, opposites create balance.
10/10 and totally opposites!





I personally wouldn't like to be with someone that is similar to me.





''opposites attract''
We have very similar beliefs, values, morals, and goals. We both pretty much enjoy the same things.
I think it may depend on what the differences are.
We are very much alike,,,


yet we are looking at divorce


pray 4us
we are only similar in looks, we look good together. that is it. nothing else.
At first i thought me and my husband were total opposites, but realized he has everything i lack n vice versa. For instances, she may make snap decisions and eventually make herself look like an idiot, but if you're there weighing the pros and cons you can tell her and she may learn from you. Any relationship is a learning experience. Sometimes you have to mess up and have someone show you where you where you went wrong. It's all about how well you fit together. I realized people who I like/loved who were the exactly the opposite got on my last nerve. I found them interesting because of their different qualities but those very things lead to distruction. It's just one of those things where you really have to get to know a person to see how well you fit. If you're not compatible you will not be willing to waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment