Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I speak to my wife on sensitive issues that personall offend me without her becoming defensive?

I've been married for 8 months. I have 3 boys and a grandchild and my wife has 2 boys in our family. Her mouth gets her into trouble. What should I do?How do I speak to my wife on sensitive issues that personall offend me without her becoming defensive?
She's a grown woman-give it to her straight! If you sugar coat things, she won't realize the situation is serious.How do I speak to my wife on sensitive issues that personall offend me without her becoming defensive?
Make sure when you talk to her its the right time. Then sit down with her and explain the problem without yelling or getting mad. Tell her why its a problem and what you think should be done to fix it. Then ask her what she thinks of what you've said.
Never use a sentence starting with ';You do this....etc'; Always start out saying, ';I feel this way when this happens.'; Sit side by side, hold her hand and talk to her in a loving way.





She won't feel so defensive.
What 2hearts said. He or she is a very wise person.
agree with person above me 100%
dont assume.. and dont address it at her

No comments:

Post a Comment