Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I get my ex-wife to stop filing for custody after the court already made its ruling?

I am a single dad with 100% legal and physical custody of my two kids. The case was discharged from Juvenile court and now my ex-wife is filing multiple requests with the family court for the custody of the kids. This is harassment and a total waste of taxpayers money. More importantly it is not in the best interests of the children that I keep getting dragged back into court over frivilous lawsuites. I've already been told by a lawyer that she will never get them back. I've been told that I could file a petition with the court to get her to stop. I don't know what forms I need or what the term for her is called. Can anyone help me?How can I get my ex-wife to stop filing for custody after the court already made its ruling?
I believe the key phrase is ';abuse of process';. You should also be able to get your lawyer to ask for a restraining order against subsequent lawsuits without a change in grounds.How can I get my ex-wife to stop filing for custody after the court already made its ruling?
Rule 11 sanctions against her lawyer. I don't lightly suggest this but that may be the best method of attack. If she's filing, pro se, (by herself), try conempt for violating spirit of orders. There is some reluctance by CTs to absolutely cut a party off from filing, but ct can award atty fees, costs, sanctions all of which could cost her big $$$$.
There is a legal process that you can go through.


Go into the court house and ask to see duty solisiter, he/she will advise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment