Monday, August 16, 2010

How do i explain to my wife that i need my space...away..from her?

I just got out of rehab 2 weeks ago and i guess you could say I'm trying to work on my marriage. honestly i don't think i had a problem in the first place so i was a little hesitant to go so i went just because everyone said i should. I felt like i didn't even solve my ';drug problem'; all rehab did was make me realize that i had a horrible mother, and i'm very passive aggressive towards women because of her but that's besides the point. my wife all of a sudden wants me to talk things out and she won't get off my balls literally. If i say I'm going for a run she'll want to go with me and i don't want to be an a** and say i'd rather go myself, when i say i'm going for a run it's to get away from her. how do i tell her that i need my space in a nice way of course, I still want to be able to have sex with her after that conversation?How do i explain to my wife that i need my space...away..from her?
You could try :





';Sweetie, I really appreciate everything you are doing for me. But I just need space to clear my head and reevaluate myself and my life. I love you and I'm so glad to have you as my wife. Not very many other women would have supported me the way you have and still understand that I just need to be by myself, and I know you understand that. Thank you Baby, I love you so much.';





Maybe not exactly like that, since that sounds like a letter and this would be a conversation; but something along those lines.How do i explain to my wife that i need my space...away..from her?
Be like ';Sweetie, I just want to go for a run to get somethings off my mind and just breathe, so do you mind if I go by myself?'; Tell her that you just need some time for yourself. Let her know you love her and it's not her (even if it is) and I'm pretty sure she'll still let you hit it.
Let me get this straight: you have drug and marriage issues, but you're priorities are how to get away from your wife and still get sex? She probably wants to help you because she sees that you're in trouble. Pay a little respect and acknowledge that she and others have been dealing with your drug issues and trying to get sex from her is the last thing you should be worried about.
Well I understand about rehab. You have to want to quit using drugs. Being forced to quit won't do anything. When you go for your run, and she asks to go with tell her you need to have sometime alone and as soon as you get back from your run you two can get ';busy';. Maybe letting her know you'll come right back to her she be alright with letting you go for your run alone. I think she just missed you a lot.
Lol the sex part is hillarious. I don't think she would want to after u tell her to back off ;) but u can say it nicely. Tell her the truth, ur going thru some things n feel its something u need to work on alone. Tell her u love her but u need some time to urself. If she loves u she would try n understand.
Honey, I know you love me and are concerned, but you can't smother me so. It's too much pressure having you hound me constantly. Give me some space and some time.





Then do your best, so she doesn't regret sending you to rehab rather than to kick your a@@ out.
Hi Nick,





My name is Chris and I am working with a world renowned pastor who is helping couples through their marital problems. This is completely cost free to you. If interested in learning more, please email me at seekinghelp@me.com.





Thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing from you soon!





Chris
Just tell her you need some time every day to yourself to start to heal and feel better about yourself. Tell her you dont have to be together 24/7 its not healthy. Or maybe suggest to her she call one of her friends and she go out for the night.
dont expect sex when you tell her you want to be away from her. how about you dont be so self centered on that, tell her how you feel, and go to sleep. have fun.
Good luck with having that piece of cake and getting to eat it too.
Sorry for your situation, but good on you for deciding to get the help that you needed. Well as a wife I would suggest to be very careful with the words that you use to explain your feelings. Right now she is probably trying to be very supportive and this is why she thinks it is so important to talk about the ';issues';. Most than likely she thinks you are holding back the information because you don't truly know if there is sufficient trust to talk about it. Lots of women think men hold back to talk about their problems because they fear to be emasculated in front of the woman they want to be with. Believe it or not I am sure that if you truly married a good woman she will not see all of this issues with your mother as a weakness of yours. She will admire your courage to open up about the past and will make your relationship stronger. I know right now you are not up to this, but be very selective about how you show your feelings to her. If you keep distance without having a deep conversation first she might think you are rejecting her. Sit down, tell her how much you love her, and then tell her that this time in rehab has made you think about the true source of your issues. Ask her to be a part of your healing by encouraging you on having time for yourself. If you talk to her and show how important is to you to have time for yourself as part of the ';get well'; process she will agree. If you just tell her that you just want to be alone and that she is'; by your balls'; lolz you will hurt her feelings by acting like a @hole that is unappreciative of her loyal support. Once you start getting your alone time to reflect on what you want, make sure to tell her how much you missed her and how much you appreciate the fact that she is helping you to get to where you want to be. A letter, some flowers and random little things when you walk back through that door after taking your alone time is a great bonus.Talking about your problems and trusting her with your deepest secrets will always guarantee you to get laid. ;) I am just saying.. wifes always like to see the sensitive side of who we married. Some of us never do. :( Good luck


:
Well I understand how you need space and you should just tell her you want space. It also sound like you are in denial that you even had a drug problem. You can't blame everyone else for your problems. If you were on drugs it had to mess up your marriage. Then you talk selfish like the only reason you don't want to talk things out is because you might not get sex later. get marriage counseling and get real about your drug problem because it did effect your marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment