Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I make friends when my wife resents any time I spend away from her?

I'll try this again but with less detail.





I love my wife. But I work a lot and she resents every minute that I don't spend with her when I'm not at work. The problem is that she works a lot--every night when I get home from work after our kids are in bed.





I'm lonely, feeling shut off from her and her incessant working, and need something to make me feel like my life isn't dull. How do I make friends who I can hang out with? How do I get past my wife's resentment?





It isn't a fair situation because she's demanding my time but giving me none of hers. How do I make the best of it?How do I make friends when my wife resents any time I spend away from her?
Ask her to make time so the two of you can have some quality time. Maybe boost her insecurities. Try to look-up some friends or make new ones by joining a safe 'game day' of your choice, in your community.How do I make friends when my wife resents any time I spend away from her?
What I would do if I were you is you two have to take a day off from work together and stay in bed with candles, strawberries, wine and a good movie. Make love all day long without the kids (I'm sure - get a baby sister) and take her out to dinner and talk about how you need to schedule time to spend with one another. It will be a long process but you need to start somewhere. In your conversation at home, let you know that you adore her, love and need her and but you need to start going out at least once or twice a week with the guys. Explain to her it isn't getting away from you or the kids but I need to have a little time to myself...if she is confident in herself and your relationship and she knows you will not cheat on her, she should understand that men do need a little time away from home. Women are build differently and she shouldn't want to go out with her friends because that will lead to something extra on the side...but going shopping, getting her hair done, etc but men need to be around other men to keep themselves centered. This is relieve some tension and confirm with her just work with me and when you come home to her, make love to her show her how much you've missed and but make your one day a work your date night and wine and dine her...you don't have to spend many on things that should make her happy. I am sure she would flip if you were to run her a bubble bath with scented candles and the music she loves and cook her a nice dinner and I am sure you two will be go back and forth to see who can out do who. She will see how much you really do love and respect her and give you permission but don't be a fool and cheat on her, that would not just break her heart but damage her soul and she will NEVER be able to trust you the same again.
No no no no no. The real question you are trying to ask, I believe, is ';Why is my wife so resentful towards X';. X is your friend, perhaps another woman, yes? I know this because you wouldn't assume that she resents time you spend away with her with other people UNLESS it actually happened. Listen to me sir. You have 2 options: Come clean and tell your wife about this other person, OR, keep living your troubled life full of secrets. I strongly suggest the first one and an attitude change. Best of luck sir.








EDIT: Are you sure sir? Who is the female professor or student in your class then? I'm sure there is someone. Think about this, real hard Sir, for a while. Then it will all make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment