Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I graft a citrus tree?

I want to get a piece from a tangerine tree that has good fruit from a friend and put it on my orange, lime or lemon tree. Is it possible? Is it done from new growth and where/how do I put it on. I have seen that you take a bud area, slice a T where you want it and put it there and wait. Any advice would be great! Fruit trees and growing my own stuff is my new hobby, even if my wife thinks im weird!How do I graft a citrus tree?
http://www.ehow.com/how_2042618_graft-fr鈥?/a>How do I graft a citrus tree?
Gardening is a great hobby and there are many aspecs of grafting procedures that need more than guess-work.


Either buy a book that explains grafting, subscribe to gardening magazines, or go to your local library or online source and read-up on the do's and don'ts of grafting. It is much easier and less expensive than experimenting with the process and losing valuable trees due to mistakes. Grafting is a simple word, but is not a simple process in many cases. Find out how to graft before you start chopping up one of man's best friends - the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment