Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do I ask my wife to lose weight?

My wife is a beautiful woman I love her deeply. We love to be around each other and do things together. So what's the problem? Well, I have a sportbike that SHE loves. And over the last couple of years she's put on a number of pounds and it makes it difficult to ride. I'm not the thinnest person in the world either. I'm 6 foot and 240 pounds but I'm built like a linebacker. I run 5 days a week averaging around 17 to 30 miles. Every spring, I try to loose as much weight as I can so that we can ride together, however I think that she's gaining more than I can lose and it maybe becoming unsafe. I've asked to sell the bike and get a convertible,but does not want to. Believe,me I love to ride it,but it's not that important for me. She sees it as a get away for the two of us. I think she's pretty healthy. And I try to encourage working out but she never sticks to it. I even try diets with her together. I hate this and I love her so much. Advice?How do I ask my wife to lose weight?
just ask if she would like to jog with you, that way she feels like you asking to spend more time with her and i hear its a great way to bond and talk to each other without distractions.How do I ask my wife to lose weight?
You are right about there is no easy way around this issue. I know my husband would do the same as you are doing, but I have always like to be told the truth, so he respects me and does exactly that. I would much rather just be told than to have someone sneak around or creep around the subject. I mean, just explain to your wife that you are concern about her weight gain. Maybe suggest going on walks or hikes. It could be something that turns in a romantic outing. If she likes shopping, take her to the mall and walk around the mall a few times. Whatever you do, be truthful and express to your wife that you love her tremendously and want to spend your life with her, but the weight gain is worrying you.
With a cup over your junk and a helmet on your head, because she's going to open up a can on you.
There is no nice way to do this and you may spend a few nights on the couch(if it was me you'd spend a few nights on your buddy's couch!lol). Make it about health that is the only way to avoid making it about her failure to be what you want(that's how she will likely view it even if its not what you mean).
Just tell her that you'll do the weight losing alone.


The problem that you are having is that she is in your way.


You easily can talk this out with her.


For example join the Fitness gym, alone or with her.


Ask the fitness members for a routine including a long time of cardio.


So if she would've ask to stop cardio, while you are doing it and she got to tired. Just tell her you want to FINISH it off.


If you really want something you need to work for it.


and if you really really want it you would've be unstopable of losing the pounds. neither your wife will be able to stop u with this.


just consider it as a hobby of yourself only. A thing for yourself only. not everything needs to be shared with your wife.





Goodluck with it!
just don't tell her she looks fat, or even a little heavey





tell her you want her to be healthy and be around forever
thats an easy one. its not praticle, but its very easy. what you do is:


gain some pounds your self.


tell your wife ';man i need to lose some wieght';


then let her realise you cant/dont want to do it alone.


then you can diet/work out together.





the key is convincing her you need help and her support
Honesty is the best policy. Approach her at a time when you are both relaxed, and tell her how much you care for her and how you want to look forward to spending many happy years together, and to be able to do all the things you like to do together, especially being physically active.


You can express how you are worried that you are both getting heavier, out of shape, and ask for her input on how you can help each other reach your vision of staying together as an active, healthy couple. Offer to do your part in shopping for and preparing healthy meals - maybe you can prepare meals to take to work that will be better than anything you can buy. Suggest that you both see a personal trainer, coach, dietitian, physician, whatever. Never indicate that this is *her* problem, but focus on how you both want to be around for one another.
Tell her you want to go on ';the biggest loser'; together. if she doesn't want to she may at least look into losing a few pounds with you. Good luck.
Choice 1


tell her what you really think. you guys are married and are best friends and should tell eachother everything good or bad.





Choice 2


ask her to go to an exercising place were other people are there. Or talk to her about yoga and relaxing the mind or something for a start.





Choice 3


exercise at home when shes around and show her how much you really care about having a healthy body and losing weight.


and maybe tell her your doing it for her.
Be mean to her. Yell out: ';Wow you fat *Beep*.... Look at those your fat Boo...bs and as...s..... Don't you wan't to look like a normal civilized person rather then King Kong? No body would ever like you and that flapping stomach..... Wow. You are even fatther then all my 3 ex wifes combined! Look at what you have done to yourself!'; ..... She would cry for few weeks, but then she would work out 24/7 until she become annerexic like Paris Hilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment